Thursday, February 2, 2012

2011 was NUTS!

I have been a little but of a slacker when it comes to blogging! So alot of you probably don't know whats going on with The Windells!

May: We celebrated our 3rd anniversary, I unfortunately got laid off!

June: rob finished school and had an interview with Kennecott Copper Mine

July: Kelly, my bestest friend came to visit us in Provo for a week. We had a great time together! We got our pictures taken, which what we always do when she comes to visit or we go home! We were able to get tickets to Stadium of fire for the 2nd! That was a blast! I had been once with my cousins, but Rob and Kelly had never gone! It’s such a fun experience! Brad Paisley and David Archuletta sang which was cool, but my favorite is the Air Force fly over and the Fireworks! On the 3rd Rob was leaving for Switzerland with BYU. So at 5am the vans pulled up and rob left for 2 weeks. It was a really hard day I cried myself to sleep for a good, 7 days and then I started the countdown. Rob got back on the 17th around 11pm and I was sooo excited! He went right back to work at BYU and was happy to show off pictures and tell EVERYONE about his trip!

August: August came and went by really fast! We knew we would hopefully be moving up north so we casually started to look at apartments. The week of the 8-12th finally came! Mom Windell drove into town for Rob’s graduation, but Dad Windell was left behind for his dang job! Joe and Nikki the in-laws I had yet to meet came down from NORTHERN Idaho to see Rob graduate and meet me finally. Rob hadn’t seen them since Christmas of 2007. So we were able to visit and have lots of fun with them! My dad was able to come into town on the 11th around 11pm and had to leave the 13th around 9am! It was a quick visit but it was sooo nice to have here and support us, mom had to stay back and hold the fort down. So on the morning of graduation we sent Rob, Nikki and Joe up to campus to save seats and get Rob in line. The whole thing was VERY quick! This was the first college graduation I had ever been to! Once he walked across that stage it was the BEST feeling EVER! I am sooo proud of HIM! He did such a good job! After he walked we decided to take a walk around campus and show my dad and his mom all around. We came home and started to get the food ready for the dinner/party that night! Around 1pm about 45mins after we got home we were all outside except for mom (THANK GOODNESS!) My dad wanted to see how our water bottle rocket worked that we had made for our cub scouts! While we were outside mom was changing and getting something to eat when she walked out and brought Rob his phone. He had missed a call from a Utah number, they left a message and it was Kennecott. He called them back and they offered him a job that started the 6th of September! We were sooooo thrilled that Rob was given the opportunity! It’s not often you get a job sooo quickly in your degree that you JUST graduated from not one hour before! That night we had a great time with all of our family and just hung out. We moved into our new apartment on the 29th of August and Rob started work the 6th.

September:
We celebrated my 24th birthday; we unpacked all of our boxes and have been getting used to our branch and meeting new people!

October: We had 0 trick or treaters and bought A LOT of candy thinking we may have a few!

November: We had Thanksgiving with Gris and Kevin’s family at the Little America in Salt Lake. LONG WAIT, but worth it to be with our friends and good food!

December: We had a FUN December! On the 5th I applied for a job that one of our good friends let me know about, I had the interview on the 6th, offered the job that night at 4:30, 30 minutes after I got out of the interview and started on the 7th! I work as the receptionist at Rescue Alert, and I LOVE it! We were able to go home to California for a few days, it was too short but at least we were able to go! On New Year’s Eve we spent it with Gris and Kev again and had a great time!!

January: This was a fun month! Rob turned 28! We went to Texas Road house with Gris, Kev, Jameson and Kelsey! All four of them surprised Rob so we had a great time! We went to St. George on a whim with Kelsey and Jameson a few weekends ago. They told us on Thursday night and we left on Friday around 7! We went down to support Kelsey run a 5k! We had a great time and ended up in Las Vegas!

February: It’s just started but I know it’s going to be good! We will be celebrating Valentines Day and our Anniversary of us getting engaged!

We love our new apartment! It’s been fun having adventures together and with our friends! Can’t wait to see what 2012 will bring us! Hopefully a baby! Cross your fingers!

Love, Rob and Beckie!

0 comments: